Today we announce the fifth wave of confirmations for this edition of Talkfest:
- Claudia Pilar Obando (Keynote speaker // Somos Fuego, Musap, Keychange, Unesco – Conferences, ES) Specialized in Management and Communication of Cultural Companies, Claudia develops 360º music projects. In 2013, Claudia founded her music services agency Somos Fuego, is director of the international area at Musap, ambassador of the platform for equality in culture Keychange and communications coordinator for UNESCO's creative cities;
- Catarina Molder (Speaker // Operafest Lisbon – Conferences, PT) Catarina has a degree in singing from ESML and a postgraduate degree in singing from the Hochschule für Musik und Theater in Hamburg. Catarina has performed in the main Portuguese theaters, festivals and orchestras, participating in and creating cross-disciplinary projects. With the motto of presenting opera in innovative formats, projecting tradition into the future for all audiences, this visionary and multifaceted soprano created her own structure, Ópera do Castelo, where Catarina launches and performs in innovative formats with opera. Creator of Operafest Lisboa in 2020 and 2021;
- Deejay Kamala (Speaker // Conferences, PT) Passionate about vinyl, Kamala performes at the best clubs and festivals in Portugal and abroad. He became involved with artists from the most diverse quarters of Portuguese music, in his shows and in his curatorships, embodying what he has always been passionate about: urban music. Graduated in Communication Sciences, but the priority has always been music. Invited to curate in festivals and reference events such as NOS Alive or Rock in Rio Lisboa, which reveal him to collaborate with the most varied icons of national music such as Carminho or Dillaz, HMB or Agir, Virgul, Blaya, Richie Campbell, Mishlawi, Sam The Kid, Boss Ac, Regula, Dino D'Santiago among many others. In 2018, to celebrate two decades of his career, he becomes the first DJ to sell out, in his own name, Coliseu dos Recreios. With an entrepreneurial spirit, he also became an entrepreneur, leading clubs such as Radio Hotel, Bosq, Rive Rouge, the mythical Hip-Hop Sweet parties, 360 or Party At Home. In 2021, Kamala takes on the biggest challenge of her career: presenting herself as an author, artist and music producer.
- Ricardo Farinha (Moderator // New In Town - Conferences, PT) Journalist in the field of culture. Executive editor of NiT magazine, member of the Rimas e Batidas project, Ricardo has collaborated with different publications over the years. Ricardo had a podcast dedicated to hip hop in Portugal, teaches classes on the same topic at ETIC, participated in the production of cultural events, was a judge at awards, speaker in debates and launched a music compilation.
- Rui Maia (Speaker // Mirror People, X-Wife – Conferences, PT) Musician, producer and DJ based in Lisbon known for the electronic-disco project Mirror People, for the Porto band X-Wife and for their most recent environmental electronics duo Storm Factory. In addition to also editing records in his own name, since 2004 he maintains a regular schedule as a DJ. He considers himself eclectic, maintaining a strong connection with electronic music, from disco-sound to new wave, naturally passing through house music and techno. In addition to his projects/bands, Rui Maia accompanies the pop band GNR live and is also part of the Radio Radar team.
We looked for someone who could bring Portuguese and Spanish people together for dancing at the break and afterparty of the Iberian Festival Awards gala. We found the solution in Cumbia and nothing better than Ritmos Cholulteka to make this wish come true. Coming from Mexico, he is one of the pioneers of the first nights of cumbia and Latin American music in the Portuguese capital, giving life to the "Movimiento Cumbiero" and unifying the Latin American people residing in the city of Lisbon since 2013. Founder of NAHUEL COLECTIVO, collective with the aim of spreading Latin American culture in Portugal, member of the TROPIKAOZ project, producer and curator of the BALKAN VS CUMBIA party with residency at Titatnic Sur Mer and MusicBox The essential point is to go around the world dancing to the rhythm of interculturality He has shared the stage at parties and festivals with Largatijeando, Kurup, Ohxalá, Venga Venga, Manu Chau, Rafael Aragon, R Vicenzo, Cigarra, Birdzzie, Matu y Pandilla, Shantel, Balkumbia, Tremenda Jauria and many more.
See all the nominees and live acts HERE. Voting is open to decide the finalists and winners of the categories decided by the public until January 31st. Vote HERE!
APORFEST - Associação Portuguesa Festivais Música- is the main organizer of the event and allows, once again, free access and applications to its members (with a valid quota on the date of the event). Be part of this event!
Tickets available HERE