The 10th. edition of the TALKFEST - International Music Festivals Forum - will be a celebration in a hybrid format for the face-to-face (re)meeting of professionals in the sector. Everything started in 2012 and it will be in 2022 when we hope that this event will be the definitive return, the kickoff for festivals.
The event is scheduled for March 25 and 26 in Lisbon, and the main event will take place on the first day at Hotel Tryp Aeroporto: conferences, pitchstage, scientific presentations, workshops, 1 to 1 meetings, lounge & networking (with Brand activations, exhibitions, catering and permanent DJ). More than 100 speakers will attend the event, 10 of them international.
In the evening, the concerts will take place at the Auditório Lispolis, which will also be the setting for the second day of the Iberian Festival Awards (IFA) gala, which has already visited Barcelona, Vigo and returns to Lisbon.
Today we announce the first confirmations for this edition:
- Gary Smith (keynote speaker - Conferences, UK) // Journalist and festival consultant for more than 20 years, including Paris Music Week and the Amsterdam Dance Event;
- Filipe Karlsson (concert, PT) // Present in collective and own projects that have stood out during the last year, confirmed for festivals such as Super Bock in Stock or Em Sintonia, he will be one of the artists present at the concert night;
- Filipe Sambado (Speaker - Conferences, PT) // Music artist and one of the new talents of Portuguese music. He has already performed at the Iberian Festival Awards gala (Vigo 2019) and now he is visiting us to share his experience in one of the conferences;
- Jorge Padeiro (Speaker - Conferences, PT) // Director of Agência Zero (present at various events, such as Rock in Rio Lisboa) and with experience in photojournalism in various national media, is a mandatory testimony at the conference that will discuss the evolution of the photography in Portugal at the context of festivals (from free to essential communication);
- Lara Seixo Rodrigues (Speaker - Conferences, PT) // Director of the artistic project Mistaker Maker that brings urban art to various festivals such as the renowned Wool Festival in Covilhã;
- Marco Polonio (Speaker - Conferences, PT) // Director of the Malpevent production company and the Festival Authentica that will take place on December 10 and 11 in Braga and will receive artists such as Kodaline, Zara Larsson or De La Soul.
The applications for the Iberian Festival Awards (IFA) are open, in an edition with a limit of 300 entries (27% of this number already completed). Categories available for music and cultural festivals, musical events, concert halls, photographers, artists and companies that provided services to Iberian festivals in 2021:
01. Best Festival *
02. Best New Festival
03. Best Indoor Festival
04. Best Cultural Program
05. Best Communication & Marketing Strategy
06. Contribution to Sustainability
07. Best Hosting & Reception
08. Best Service Provider
09. Best Brand Activation
10. Best Use of Technology
11. Best Lusophone and Hispanic Festival
12. Best Event *
13. Best Non-Music Festival
14. Best Pro Event
15. Best Festival Photo (with exhibition of the finalists on the premises)
16. Best Media Partner
17. Best Live Performance (PT / ES)
18. Best Covid Safe Festival *
19. Best Online Festival *
20. Best Venue **
21. Excellence Award [Personality]
22. Excellence Award [Entity] **
* specific category for this year
APORFEST - Associação Portuguesa Festivais Música- is the main organizer of the event and allows, once again, free access and applications to its members (with a valid quota on the date of the event). Be part of this event!
Tickets available HERE